The innovation of Blackjack live dealer online casinos
Previously Australian casino players' choices were limited when it came to playing online Blackjack - either go to considerable effort and expense to play Blackjack at a land-based casino, or play at an online casino and miss out on the personal touch that has made Blackjack such an enduring favourite. Now, however, with the advent of live dealer online casinos you can do both - play whenever and wherever you like, while being attended to by a real live Blackjack croupier and a completely authentic online casino experience!
It's a unique combination that has Australian online casino players flocking to the Blackjack tables in droves - finally the online casino industry is delivering the interactive Blackjack experience they've been looking for. And deliver it they do - with a real, responsive dealer, real cards and bets, and real life opponents to test your skills against! It's an environment that Australian Blackjack enthusiasts can't wait to be a part of, and it's been growing in popularity to staggering proportions.
How to play
The first thing you'll notice when you sit down at a live dealer online Blackjack table is the dealer themselves. That's because this is no ordinary animated dealer - this is a real, live croupier, beamed straight to your computer or mobile device through the magic of streaming video. A web cam and a decent internet connection is all you need, and you'll be able to join in the action immediately.
What's more, thanks to a handy chat function, you'll be able to chat to the dealer in real time, taking their advice, asking questions, and listening as they take you through each stage of the game. You'll also have opponents on either side of you who you can play against, and interact with as well. It's just as good as being at the casino, only better!
While live dealer Blackjack play does vary between online casino, the basics of the game are generally the same:
- To begin your game play, place your bet in the bet box.
- The dealer will deal two cards, face up, to you and each player.
- The dealer will also receive two cards, one facing up, one facing down.
- Game play will commence, with you and the other players asking for more cards until your card value either reaches 21, or as close to it as possible. If your cards total more than 21, your hand will be bust, and you will be out of the game.
- Once all the players are comfortable with their hands, the dealer will play their hand.
- If the dealer goes bust, all players still in the game will win back their bet.
- If the dealer's hand is still in the game, all those players whose hands are higher will be paid out 1:1. All those whose hands are lower will lose their bet.
- If the first two cards you were dealt total 21 on their own, your hand will immediately pay out 3:2 (unless the dealer also happens to get "Blackjack", as the hand is known, on their opening deal).
Now that you know how the game is played, it's time to put your skills to the test and play a hand for yourself. Our live dealer Blackjack online casinos are waiting, your dealer is waiting, your opponents are waiting - all that's left to do is for you to sit down and start playing your way to winnings today!